|Indian National Emblem:|
|(1) The National Emblem of India is an adaptation form the Sarnath Lion Capital of Ashoka.|
(2) In the original there are four Lions standing back to back mounted on an abacus.
(3) The four animals at the bottom of the national emblem are a galloping horse and a bull (visible) and a lion and a elephant (not visible) separated by intervening wheels over a bell-shaped lotus.
(4) The Lion Capital was erected in the third century B.C. by Emperor Ashoka.
(5) The National Emblem was adopted by the Government of India on 26th January 1950.
(6) The words SATYAMEVA JAYATE taken from Mundaka Upanishad are inscribed below the abacus in the Devanagri script.
|Indian National Calendar:|
|(1)The National Calendar based on the SAKA ERA with Chaitra as its first month and a normal year of 365 days
was adopted on 22nd March 1957.|
(2) Chaitra is the first month of the year, falling on 22nd March normally and on 21st March in a leap year.
(3) The dates of the National Calendar have a permanent correspondence with the dates of the Gregorian Calendar.
|Indian National Flag:|
|(1) The design of the National Flag was adopted by the Constituent Assembly of Sovereign India on 22nd July 1947.|
(2)The National Flag is a horizontal tricolour of saffron at the top, white in the middle and green at the bottom.
(3) The ratio of the width of the National Flag to its length is 2:3.
(4) The design of the wheel (DHARMACHAKRA) is taken from the abacus of the Sarnath Lion Capital of Ashoka.
(5)The wheel (DHARMACHAKRA) or Ashoka Chakra at the centre has 24 spokes and is navy blue in colour.
(6) Flag code of India, 2002 (effected on 26 January 2002) governs the display of National Flag of India.
|Indian National Anthem|
|(1) The national anthem JANA GANA MANA was composed by poet Rabindranath Tagore in Bengali.|
(2) It was adopted by the Constituent Assembly of Sovereign India on 24 January 1950.
(3) It was rendered in English by Tagore himself.
(4) It was first sung on 27th December, 1911 at the Calcutta Session of the Indian National Congress.
(5) The complete song consists of five stanzas. The first stanza constitutes the full version of the National Anthem.
(6) The playing time of the National Anthem is 52 seconds.
|Indian National Song:|
|(1) Bankim Chandra Chatterji's composed song "VANDE MATARAM" taken from ANAND MATH has been adopted as the National Song of India.
(2) It was also adopted by the Constituent Assembly of Sovereign India on 24 January 1950.
(3) It has an equal status with JANA GANA MANA.
(4) It was first sung in the 1896 session of the Indian National Congress.
|Indian National Animal:|
|Tiger (Panthera tigris)|
|Indian National Bird:|
|Peacock (Pavo cristatus)|
|Indian National Fruit:|
|Mango (Mangifera indica)|
|Indian National Flower:|
|Lotus (Nelumbo nucifera)|
|Indian National Tree:|
|Banyan (Ficus benghalensis)|
|Indian National River:|