You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Constitution Quiz Set No. 47
Constitution questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
461) In which case did the Supreme Court restore the primacy of the Fundamental Rights over the Directive Principles of State Policy?
A) Golaknath Case
B) Keshavananda Bharti Case
C) Minerva Mills Case
D) All of these
462) In which language, Constitution of India was signed by the members of the Constitutent Assembly on 21st January 1950?
C) Both A and B
D) None of these
463) In which of the following situations does the President act in his own discretion?
A) In appointing the Prime Minister
B) In returning a proposal to the Council of Ministers for reconsideration
C) Both of these
D) None of these
464) After approval by both Houses of Parliament, the proclamation of emergency issued by the President shall be valid:
A) for period of six months
B) for an indefinite period unless revoked by the subsequent proclamation
C) for an indefinite period if both Houses of Parliament approves the proclamation after every six months
D) for further period of two months only
465) After declaration of financial emergency by the President, what is the period of operation without approval by the Parliament?
A) One Month
B) Two Months
C) Three Months
D) Four Months
466) On whose report President promulgates President Rule in the State?
B) Prime Minister
C) Chief Minister
467) The union territory of Andaman & Nicobar Islands is under the jurisdiction of which High Court ?
A) Kolkata High Court
B) Madras High Court
C) Andhra Pradesh High Court
D) Orissa High Court
468) The UPSC members remain in office
A) for a period of five years or until they attain 60 years which ever is earlier
B) for a period of four years or attain 65 years of age which ever is earlier
C) for a period of six years or till they attain 65 years of age which ever is earlier
D) for a period of six years or till they attain 63 years of age which ever is earlier
469) The value of a vote of a Member of Parliament for the election of the President is determined by dividing the:
A) nation's population as per the latest census by the number of Lok Sabha members
B) nation's population as per the latest census by the total strength of the two Houses of Parliament
C) the total value of votes of members of all the State Legislative Assemblies by the elected Members of the two Houses of Parliament
D) particular State's population as per the latest census by the number of Members of Parliament elected from that State
470) The Vice-President's letter of resignation is to be addressed to the:
A) Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha
B) Chief Justice of India