|PARTS & ARTICLES:||SUBJECT:|
|Part I : |
Article - 1 to 4
|1. Name and territory of the union |
2. Admission or establishment of new States.
3. Formation of new States and alteration of areas, boundaries or names of existing States.
4. Laws made under article 2 and 3 to provide for the amendment of the First and the Fourth Schedules and supplemental incidental and consequential matters.
|Part II : |
Article - 5 to 11
|5. Citizenship at the commencement of the Constitution.|
6. Rights of citizenship of certain persons who have migrated to India from Pakistan.
7. Rights of citizenship of certain migrants to Pakistan.
8. Rights of citizenship of certain persons of Indian origin residing outside India.
9. Persons voluntarity acquiring citizenship of a foreign State not to be citizens.
10. Continuance of the rights of citizenship.
11. Parliament to regulate the right of citizenship by law.
|Part III : |
Article - 12 to 35
13. Laws of inconsistent with or in derogation of the fundamental rights.
Right to Equality
14. Equality before law.
15. Prohibition of discrimination on grounds of religion,race,caste,sex or place of birth.
16. Equality of opportunity in matters of public employment.
17. Abolition of Untouchability
18. Abolition of titles.
Right to Freedom
19. Protection of certain rights regarding freedom of speech, etc.
20. protection in respect of conviction for offences.
21. Protection of life and personal liberty.
22. Protection against arrest and detention in certain cases.
Right against Exploitation
23. Prohibition of traffic in human beings and forced labour.
24. Prohibition of employment of children in factories, etc.
Right to Freedom of Religion
25. Freedom of conscience and free profession, practice and propagation of religion.
26. Freedom to manage religious affairs.
27. Freedom as to payment of taxes for promotion of any particular religion.
28. Freedom as to attendance at religious instruction or religious worship in certain education institutions.
Cultural and Educational Rights
29. Protection of interests of minorities.
30. Right of minorities to establish and administer educational institutions.
Saving of Certain Laws
31A. Savings of laws providing for acquisition of estates,etc.
31B. Validation of certain Acts and Regulations
31C. Saving of laws giving effect to certain directive principles
Right to Constitutional Remedies
32. Remedies for enforcement of rights conferred by this Part.
33. Power of Parliament to modify the rights conferred by this Part in their application to Forces, etc.
34. Restriction on rights conferred by this Part while martial law is in force in any area.
35. Legislation to give effect to the provisions of this Part.
|Part IV : |
Article 36 to 51
37. Application of the principles contained in this Part.
38. State to secure a social order for the promotion of welfare of the people.
39. Certain principles of policy to be followed by the State.
39A. Equal justice and free legal aid.
40. Organisation of village Panchayats.
41. Right to work, to education and to public assistance in certain cases.
42. Provision for just and humane conditions of work and maternity relief.
43. Living wage, etc., for workers.
43A. Participation of workers in management of industries.
44. Uniform civil code for the citizens.
45. Provision for free and compulsory education for children.
46. Promotion of educational and economic interests of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and other weaker sections.
47. Duty of the State to raise the level of nutrition and the standard of living and to improve public health.
48. Organisation of agriculture and animal husbandry.
48A. Protection and improvement of environment and safeguarding of forests and wild life.
49. Protection of monuments and places and objects of national importance.
50. Separation of judiciary from executive.
51. Promotion of international peace and security.
|Part IVA : |
Article - 51A
|It shall be the duty of every citizens of India-|
(a) to abide by the Constitution and respect its ideals and institutions, the National Flag and the National Anthem;
(b) to cherish and follow the noble ideals which inspired our national struggle for freedom;
(c) to uphold and protect the sovereignty, unity and integrity of India;
(d) to defend the country and render national service when called upon to do so;
(e) to promote harmony and the spirit of common brotherhood amongst all the people of India transcending religious, linguistic and regional or sectional diversities; to renounce practices derogatory to the dignity of women;
(f) to value and preserve the rich heritage of our composite culture;
(g) to protect and improve the natural environment including forests, lakes, rivers and wild life, and to have compassion for living creatures;
(h) to develop the scientific temper, humanism and the spirit of inquiry and reform;
(i) to safeguard public property and to abjure violence;
(j) to strive towards excellence in all spheres of individual and collective activity so that the nation constantly rises to higher levels of endeavour and achievement.]
|Part V : |
Article - 52 to 151
|Part VI : |
152 to 237
|Part VII||The States in Part B of the First Schedule [Repealed by the Constitution (Seventh Amendment) Act, 1956]|
|Part VIII : |
Article 239 to 242
239. Administration of Union territories.
239A. Creation of local Legislatures or Council of Ministers or both for certain Union territories.
239AA. Special provisions with respect to Delhi.
239AB. Provisions in case of failure of constitutional machinery.
239B. Power of administrator to promulgate Ordinances during recess of Legislature.
240. Power of President to make regulation for certain Union territories.
241. High Courts for Union territories.
|Part IX : |
Article - 243 to 243O
|Part IXA : |
Article - 243P to 243ZG
|Part X : |
Article - 244 to 244A
|The Scheduled and Tribal Areas|
|Part XI : |
Article - 245 to 263
|The relations between the Union and the States|
|Part XII : |
Article - 264 to 300A
|Finance, Property, Contracts and Suits|
|Part XIII : |
Article - 301 to 307
|Trade, Commerce and Intercourse within the Territory of India|
|Part XIV : |
Article - 308 to 323
|Services and the Union and the States|
|Part XIVA : |
Article - 323A to 323B
|Part XV : |
Article 324 to 329A
|Part XVI : |
Article - 330 to 342
|Special Provisions related to certain classes|
|Part XVII : |
Article - 343 to 351
|Part XVIII : |
Article - 352 to 360
|Part XIX : |
Article - 361 to 367
|Part XX : |
Article - 368
|Amendment of the Constitution|
|Part XXI : |
Article - 369 to 392
|Temporary, Transitional and Special Provisions|
|Part XXII : |
Article - 393 to 395
|Short title, commencement, authoritative text in Hindi and repeals|
Objective Questions on 22 Parts, 395 Articles and Schedules of the Indian Constitution frequently asked in SSC, CDS, NDA, PSC, Railways and other competitive examinations-
1. Which Article of the Constitution empowers the President to appoint a Commission to investigate the condition of backward classes in general and suggest ameliorative measures?(a) Article 339
(b) Article 340
(c) Article 341
(d) Article 342
2. Under whose advice the President of India declares Emergency under Article 352?(a) Prime Minister
(b) Council of Ministers
(d) Chief Ministers of all States
3. Which Article empowers the President of India to appoint Prime Minister of India?(a) Article 74
(b) Article 75
(c) Article 76
(d) Article 77
4. In which Article the joint sitting of the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha has been provided?(a) Article 106
(b) Article 108
(c) Article 110
(d) Article 112
5. Currently how many Article are there in Indian Constitution?(a) 391
6. Which of the following is/are contained in Article 17 of the Indian Constitution?(a) Abolition of untouchability
(b) The practice of untouchability is forbidden
(c) Practicing untouchability is an offence
(d) All of the above
7. Which Article mention the posts of the Chairman and Deputy Chairman of the Rajya Sabha?(a) 89
8. Which Article states that Hindi in Devnagari script is the official language of the Union?(a) Article 143
(b) Article 234
(c) Article 333
(d) Article 343
9. Which Article deals with Amendment of the Indian Constitution?(a) Article 358
(b) Article 368
(c) Article 378
(d) Article 395
10. Which Article of the Indian Constitution prohibits employment of children in factories, etc.?(a) Article 24
(b) Article 34
(c) Article 144
(d) Article 395
Answers - 1(b), 2(c), 3(b), 4(b), 5(c), 6(d), 7(a), 8(d), 9(b) and 10(a).