You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> History Quiz Set No. 9
History questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
81) Harsha was defeated by:
D) Pulkesin II
82) Harsha was the last great royal patron of:
83) Harshacharita the biography of Harsha, was written by:
84) Historians are of the view that the British signed the Treaty of Bassien (1802) with a 'Cypher'. Who was this 'Cypher'?
A) Raghunath Rao
B) Daulat Rao Sindhia
C) Baji Rao II
D) Nana Phadanvis
85) Hooghly was used as a base for piracy in the Bay of Bengal by?
A) The Portugese
B) The British
C) The French
D) The Danish
86) How did Sultan Qutub-ud-din Aibak die?
A) He sustained injuries while besieging the fortress of Kalinjar in Bundelkhand and succumbed to death later
B) He was killed in a battle with Taj-u-din Yildiz, the rular of Ghazni who entered into a contest with him over the capture of Punjab
C) He was treacherously stabled to death by one of his ambitious nobles
D) He died after a fall from his horse while playing Chaugan
87) How did the Non-cooperation Movement affect the Congress?
A) From constitutional agitation it changed its method to passive resistance
B) Once again the control shifted from moderates to extremists
C) It became the leader of the masses in the nationalist struggle to win freedom from British rule
D) It became a more business like body with a Working Committee and Constitution
88) How many times the preamble was amended
D) Four times
89) Humayun Nama was written by:
C) Abul Fazl
D) Gulbadan Begum
90) In 1829, which Governor-General prohibited the practice of 'Sati' ?
A) Lord Amherst
B) Lord Cornwallis
C) Lord William Bentinck
D) Lord Curzon