You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> History Quiz Set No. 3
History questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
21) As per the Act of 1919 which of the following statements was not correct?
A) British India must remain an integral part of the British Empire.
B) Responsible Government would be realised only by the progressive stages.
C) Provincial subjects were classified into Reserved subjects and Transferred subjects.
D) The salary of the Secretary of State for India was not to be paid by Parliament.
22) Ashoka has been particularly Influenced by the Buddhist monk:
23) Ashoka was much influenced by Buddhist monk called:
24) Ashokan inscriptions were first deciphered by?
B) Robert Sewell
D) James Prinsep
25) Ashtapradhan was a Council of Ministers in the?
26) Asvaghosa lived in the court of?
B) Samudra Gupta
27) At the time of independence which portfolio in the central government was being taken care of by Mrs. Indira Gandhi?
A) Information & Broadcasting
28) At the time of Muhammad Ghori's invasion against Prithviraj Chauhan who of the following ruled Kannauj ?
A) The Gahadwalas
B) The Palas
C) The Pratiharas
D) The Chandellas
29) At which of the following Indus valley civilization site would you come across world's earliest known dock ?
A) Ropar (Punjab)
B) Lothal (Gujarat)
C) Banawali (Haryana)
D) Kalibangan (Rajasthan)
30) At which place did Buddha die?