You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> History Quiz Set No. 40
History questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
391) Which of the following was the first metal to be discovered and used as tools by humans?
392) Which of the following was the most significant feature of the Indus Valley Civilization?
A) Religious life
B) Town Planning
C) Social life
D) Economic System
393) Which one of the following began with the Dandi March?
A) Quit India Movement
B) Non-Cooperation Movement
C) Civil disobedience Movement
D) Home rule Movement
394) Which one of the following important trade centres of ancient India was on the trade route connecting Kalyana with Vengi?
395) Which one of the following indicates the correct chronological order of era in India?
A) Vikram - Shaka - Gupta - Harsha
B) Gupta - Shaka - Vikram - Harsha
C) Vikram - Harsha - Gupta - Shaka
D) Gupta - Harsha - Vikram - Shaka
396) Which one of the following inscriptions of Asoka refers to the grant of concession in land revenue to a village?
A) Girnar Rock edict
B) Sanchi Pillar edict
C) Lumbini Pillar edict
D) Sarnath Pillar edict
397) Which one of the following is not correct about Mahatma Gandhi's Dandi March?
A) It was a pedestrian March
B) It began with 8 Satyagrahis comprising Hindus, Muslims and Christians
C) Reaching the sea-shore Mahatma Gandhi did not manufacture the salt
D) Its motive was to violate salt law
398) Which one of the following is the most fundamental difference between Mahayana Buddhism and Hinayana Buddhism?
A) Casteless society
B) Worship of stupa
C) Worship of gods and goddesses
D) Emphasis on ahimsa
399) Which one of the following leaders did not support the Khilafat Movement?
A) Jawahar Lal Nehru
B) Mahatma Gandhi
C) Madan Mohan Malviya
D) Mohammad Ali Jinnah
400) Which one of the following monuments has a dome which is said to be one of the largest in the world?
A) Gol Gumbaz, Bijapur
B) Tomb of Sher Shah, Sasaram
C) Jama Masjid, Delhi
D) None of these