You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> History Quiz Set No. 1
History questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
1) In 1206, who founded the Slave Dynasty, in India ?
B) Razia Sultan
C) Qutubuddin Aibak
2) In 305 BC, which Maurya ruler defeated Alexander's general Seleucus Nicator and received the territories of Kabul and Balochistan?
B) Chandragupta Maurya
D) Pulkeshin II
3) Who of the following founded the Ahmedabad Textile labour Association?
A) Mahatma Gandhi
B) J. B. Kripalani
C) N. M. Joshi
D) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
4) A gifted scholar who was selected to the prestigious ICS, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose later founded his own political party to continue his struggle for the full and immediate independence of India from British rule. Pick the name of this party.
A) All India Forward Bloc
B) Swaraj Party
C) Indian National Congress
D) Gadar Party
5) A lot of details regarding the village administration under the Cholas is provided in the inscriptions at?
6) A person can move the Supreme Court by appropriate proceedings for the enforcement of the Fundamental Rights if violated.' This is a provision in
A) Right to Equality
B) Right to Constitutional Remedies
C) Right against Exploitation
D) Right to Religious Freedom
7) According to the most widely accepted view, the Aryans originally came from
B) Central Asia
C) Central Europe
D) Steppes of Russia
8) After Quit India Movement, C. Rajagopalachari issued a pamphlet entitled - The Way Out¯. Which one of the following was a proposal in this pamphlet?
A) Reconstitution of the Central Executive Council in such a way that all its members, except the Governor General and the ,nder - in - Chief should be Indian leaders.
B) A solution for the constitutional deadlock.
C) Fresh elections to the Central and Provincial Legislatures to be held at the end of 1945 and the Constitution making body to be convened as soon as possible.
D) The establishment of a War Advisory Council¯ composed of representatives of British India and the Indian States.
9) After the Kalinga War, Ashoka decided never to wage any war because?
A) After the conquest of Kalinga the political unity of Mauryan India had been achieved
B) Ashoka felt apologetic about the destruction of men and material on both sides in the war.
C) He was moved by the violence, slaughter and sufferings to the combatants and non-combatants in the war
D) Shortly after the war he adopted Buddhism which was opposed to violence
10) After the partition of India, the largest number of Harappan towns and settlements have been found in:
D) Uttar Pradesh