You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> History Quiz Set No. 26
History questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
251) The Mansabdari system introduced by Akbar was borrowed from the system followed in?
252) The master stroke of Lord Wellesley to establish British paramountcy in India was:
A) Doctrine of Lapse
B) Subsidiary Alliance
C) Annexation of Indian States
D) None of these
253) The most common animal figure found at all the Harappan sites is:
A) unihorn bull
254) The mother of Vardhamana Mahavira was a:
A) Lichavi Princess
B) Maurya Princess
C) Saka Princess
D) Not a member of the royal family
255) The name Buddha means:
256) The name by which Ashoka is generally referred to in his inscriptions is?
257) The Name of the Laccadive, Minicoy and Amindivi Islands was changed to Lakshadweep by an act of parliament in
258) The name of the poet Kalidas is mentioned in the?
A) Hanumakonda inscription
B) Alapadu grant
C) Aihole inscription
D) Allahabad pillar inscription
259) The Nanda dynasty was established by:
260) The Non-Cooperation Movement was suspended in February 1922 on account of:
A) the Chauri Chaura incident
B) Hindu Muslim riots
C) arrest of Gandhiji and his imprisonment for six years
D) All of these