You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> GK Set No. 16
Questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
151) Article 356 of the Constitution of India deals with?
A) the removal of a Chief Minister.
B) the appointment of a Governor
C) autonomy of States
D) the proclamation of President's Rule in a State
152) Articles 20-22 relate to the fundamental right to life and personal liberty. These rights are available to:
A) citizens and non-citizens
B) natural persons as well as artificial persons
C) citizen only
D) all persons who have juristic personality
153) Aryabhatta and Varahamihira belong to which age?
154) As a token of protest against Jallianwala Bagh massacre on 13 April 1919, who returned the Knighthood conferred on him by the British Government ?
A) Rabindranath Tagore
B) Syed Ahmed Khan
C) Swami Dayanand Saraswati
D) Gopal Krishna Gokhle
155) As compared to Eastern Himalayas, the tree-line altitude in Western Himalayas is?
D) None of the above
156) As on 2013, Foreign Direct Investment(FDI) ceilings in the telecom sector is?
A) 49 percent
B) 50 percent
C) 75 percent
D) 100 percent
157) As per the Act of 1919 which of the following statements was not correct?
A) British India must remain an integral part of the British Empire.
B) Responsible Government would be realised only by the progressive stages.
C) Provincial subjects were classified into Reserved subjects and Transferred subjects.
D) The salary of the Secretary of State for India was not to be paid by Parliament.
158) Ashoka has been particularly Influenced by the Buddhist monk:
159) Ashoka was much influenced by Buddhist monk called:
160) Ashokan inscriptions were first deciphered by?
B) Robert Sewell
D) James Prinsep