You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> GK Set No. 29
Questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
281) Democratic Centralism is an important feature of a
A) Socialist state
B) Communist state
C) Democratic state
D) Totalitarian state
282) Depreciation means?
A) Closure of a plant due to labour trouble
B) Destruction of a plant in a fire accident
C) Loss of equipment over time due to wear and tear
D) Closure of a plant due to lock out
283) Depth of the sea is measured in?
B) Nautical miles
284) Details on how citizenship may be acquired and terminated are enumerated in:
A) Part II of the Constitution
B) the Citizenship Act, 1955
C) Schedule I of the Constitution
D) various enactments by Parliament
285) Devaluation means:
A) converting rupee into gold
B) lowering of the value of one currency in comparison of some foreign currency
C) making rupee dealer in comparison to some foreign currency
D) None of these
286) Devaluation of currency by a country is meant to lead to : (1) expansion of import trade, (2) promotion of import substitution, (3) expansion of export trade.
A) 1 only
B) 2 and 3
C) 1 and 2
D) 1 and 4
287) Devaluation of currency leads to?
A) Erratic fluctuations in domestic prices
B) No impact on domestic prices
C) Increase in domestic prices
D) Fall in domestic prices
288) Development expenditure of the Central government does not include?
A) Expenditure on economic services
B) Defence expenditure
C) Grant to states
D) Expenditure on social and community services
289) Diamond is harder than graphite because of:
A) Difference of layers of atoms
B) Tetrahedral structure of diamonds
C) Difference of crystaline structures
D) None of these
290) 'Directive Principles of State Policy' in our constitution is borrowed from which country?