You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> General Science Set No. 22
General Science questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
211) Sodium burns in air to give:
A) Sodium peroxide
B) Sodium hydroxide
C) Sodium monoxide
D) Sodium oxide and sodium nitride
212) Sodium is kept in?
213) Species is group of individuals which can
A) successfully live together in a niche
B) survive even under odd conditions
C) remain reproductively viable
D) not inter-breed
214) Stainless steel is an alloy of?
A) Iron, Chromium and Zinc
B) Iron and Maganese
C) Iron, Chromium and Nickel
D) Iron, Carbon and Nickel
215) Statement 1 : Quinine is used in the treatment of Malaria. Statement 2 : It is obtained from the root of Cinchona.
A) Statement 1 is correct but Statement 2 is incorrect
B) Statement 1 is incorrect, but statement 2 is correct
C) Both statements 1 and 2 are correct
D) Both Statements 1 and 2 are incorrect
216) Substance used as an anti-freeze in radiators of automobiles is?
A) Methyl Alcohol
B) Methyl Alcohol & H2O
C) Ethyl Alcohol & H2O
D) Ethyl Alcohol
217) Substance which are used to bring down the temperature in high fever condition are called?
218) 'Sun is a constant source of energy'. Which nuclei get fused in Sun's atmosphere?
219) Superconductivity means
A) very feeble current
B) very large current
C) current without facing any resistance
D) current due to positive particles
220) Tape recorder records sounds in the form of
A) Electrical energy
B) Magnetic energy
C) Variable resistance
D) Sound Waves