You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> General Science Set No. 34
General Science questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
331) The use of heat treatment of ore that includes smelting and roasting is termed as
332) The velocity of sound is maximum in?
333) The venom of Cobra is ?
C) Both (A) and (B)
D) None of these
334) The wall of a dam is made thicker at the bottom than the top because the pressure exerted by the water on the wall?
A) increases with the depth of the wall
B) depends on the area of the wall
C) increases with the height of the wall
D) depends on the thickness of the wall
335) The yellow colour of urine is due to the presence of?
336) To produce artificial rains, which chemical is used for Cloud Seeding ?
A) Copper Sulphate
B) Ammonium Nitrate
C) Silver Iodide
D) Sodium Nitrate
337) To put out the fire, which gas is released by Fire Extinguishers?
A) Carbon dioxide
B) Carbon monoxide
338) Transfer of genetic information from one generation to the other is accomplished by?
B) Messenger RNA
C) Transfer RNA
D) Both b and c
339) Transformer is a kind of appliance that can 1. increase power 2. increase voltage 3. decrease voltage 4. measure current and voltage Select the correct answer using the code given below:
A) 1 and 4
B) 1 only
C) 3 and 4 only
D) 2 and 3 only
340) Transition ions absorb light in
A) visible region
B) infrared region
C) ultraviolet region
D) microwave region