You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Economics Quiz Set No. 5
Economics questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
41) Demand in Economics means
A) Market demand
B) Individual demand
C) Demand backed by purchasing power
D) Aggregate demand
42) Depreciation means?
A) Closure of a plant due to labour trouble
B) Destruction of a plant in a fire accident
C) Loss of equipment over time due to wear and tear
D) Closure of a plant due to lock out
43) Devaluation means:
A) converting rupee into gold
B) lowering of the value of one currency in comparison of some foreign currency
C) making rupee dealer in comparison to some foreign currency
D) None of these
44) Devaluation of currency by a country is meant to lead to : (1) expansion of import trade, (2) promotion of import substitution, (3) expansion of export trade.
A) 1 only
B) 2 and 3
C) 1 and 2
D) 1 and 4
45) Devaluation of currency leads to?
A) Erratic fluctuations in domestic prices
B) No impact on domestic prices
C) Increase in domestic prices
D) Fall in domestic prices
46) Development expenditure of the Central government does not include?
A) Expenditure on economic services
B) Defence expenditure
C) Grant to states
D) Expenditure on social and community services
47) Disguised unemployment in India is mainly related to : (1) agricultural sector, (2) rural area, (3) factory sector, (4) urban area.
A) 1 and 2
B) 1 and 3
C) 2 and 4
D) 3 and 4
48) During which 5-year Plan did prices show a decline?
D) None of these
49) During which Five Year Plan was the total expenditure on agriculture the highest?
A) First Five Year Plan
B) Second Five Year Plan
C) Third Five Year Plan
D) Fourth Five Year PIan
50) During which Plan period did agricultural production register a negative growth?