Executive Director: Anthony Lake
Headquarter: New York
Important points related to the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)-
1. UNICEF was created by the United Nations General Assembly on December 1946, to provide emergency food and healthcare to children in countries that had
been devastated by World War II.
2. In 1953 UNICEF became a permanent part of the United Nations.
3. In 1953 its name was shortened from the original United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund to United Nations Children's Fund.
4. A 36-member Executive Board establishes policies, approves programs and oversees administrative and financial plans.
5. The Executive Board is made up of government representatives who are elected by the United Nations Economic and Social Council, usually for three-year