1. Harsha Vardhana belong to the Pushyabhuti family.|
2. He was the son of Prabhakar Vardhana who founded the Vardhana dynasty.
3. Harsha Vardhana ascended the throne in 606 A.D.
4. Kingdom of Harsha Vardhana extends from Punjab, West Bengal, Orissa and from Himalayas to the entire Indo-Gangetic plain north of the Narmada river.
5. Harsha Vardhana merged the two kingdoms of Thanesar and Kannauj and shifted his capital to Kannauj.
6. Harsha Vardhana had two sons named Vagyavardhana and Kalyanvardhana.
7. Harsha Vardhana wrote three plays in Sanskrit - Nagananda, Ratnavali and Priyadarshika.
8. Harsha Vardhana equally respect all religions. He became the follower of Buddhism in his later life.
9. Harsha Vardhana was also known as Siladitya.
10. His court poet Banabhatta wrote Harshacharita and Kadambari.
11. Chinese pilgrim Hieun Tsang visited India during his reign. Kannauj assembly was held in the honour of Hieun Tsang.
12. According to Aihole inscription Harsha Vardhana was defeated by Pulakesin-II, the great Chalukya king, on the banks of river Narmada in 630 A.D.
13. Harsha Vardhana died in 647 A.D. after ruling for about 40 years.
14. Harsha Vardhana's empire disintegrated after his death.
1. Who founded the Vardhana dynasty?(a) Harsha Vardhana
(b) Prabhakar Vardhana
2. Harsha Vardhana ascended the throne in?(a) 603 A.D.
(b) 604 A.D.
(c) 605 A.D.
(d) 606 A.D.
3. Which of the following work was written by Banabhatta, the court poet of Harsha Vardhana?(a) Kadambari
4. Harsha Vardhana was also known as?(a) Vikramaditya
5. Who defeated Harsha Vardhana on the banks of river Narmada in 630 A.D.?(a) Kakusthavarman
6. Harsha Vardhana died in?(a) 644 A.D.
(b) 645 A.D.
(c) 646 A.D.
(d) 647 A.D.
7. Harsha Vardhana ruled from?(a) 606-644 A.D.
(b) 600-645 A.D.
(c) 606-647 A.D.
(d) 590-646 A.D.
Answers - 1(b), 2(d), 3(a), 4(b), 5(c), 6(d) and 7(c).