You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Geography Quiz Set No. 39
Geography questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
381) Which of the following rivers is known as 'Vridha Ganga'?
382) Most of the rivers flowing westward from the Western Ghats do not form deltas because:
A) of the high gradient
B) they are too slow
C) they are not perennial
D) there is no vegetation
383) Which of the following pairs are correctly matched? (1) Narmada :Jabalpur, (2) Godavari : Nasik, (3) Mahanadi : Cuttack.
A) 2 and 3
B) 1 and 3
C) 1 and 2
D) 1, 2 and 3
384) The Himalayan rivers are:
A) monsoon fed
B) snow fed
385) The Tibetan river 'Tsangpo' enters India through the State of:
A) Arunachal Pradesh
386) Near the lake Mansarovar in Tibet, the river which has its source is/are:
D) All of these
387) Which of the following is an inland drainage area?
A) Sambhar area
B) Chilka region
C) Mansarovar lake
D) Rann of Kutch
388) Which of the following rivers flows through Maharashtra and Gujarat ?
389) The river basin which is called 'Ruhr of India' is:
390) Which of the following is the longest river in India?